Ms. Jennifer Smith
About the Teacher
I graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2001, where I attained my Bachelor's of Fine Art degree. I designed kitchens for seven years before deciding to go back to school to become a teacher. In December 2011, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education. I have taught both Kindergarten and Second grade for a total of ten years.
I love children and I believe each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. It is my desire as a teacher to help students meet their highest potential and never give up.
I have two daughters who keep me very busy playing school and competitive volleyball.
- If you change how your child gets home , please contact the school, send a note or text me on SchoolStatus.
- Please send a Healthy snack and drink daily.
- Make sure your child has a change of clothes at school (shirt, pants, socks, and underwear).
1st 9 Weeks:
- we are counting from 0-25
- counting sets up to 5
- writing numbers 0-5
- Learning 2 -D shapes
- Parts of a book ( Title page, front cover, back cover and spine)
- Be able to tell the jobs of the author / illustator.
- Ask and answer question when reading.
- Identify lowercase letters and produce sounds b,f,t,m,n,i,u
- Be able to write the lowercase letters b,f,t,m,n,i,u
- Practice writing your name
- Rhyming words
- compound words
- beginning, middle and ending sounds
- Listen to the sentence orally and count how many words