Mrs. Julie Powe
Hey Kiddos!! Mrs. Maria and I are so glad that you are part of our class.
Welcome to Room K5!
Hello. My name is Julie Powe. I have been married to my husband Austin for fifteen years. We have two children. Landon is eleven years old and in the sixth grade, and Jackson is six years old and in kindergarten. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, painting, and getting to travel.
I grew up in Starkville and graduated from Mississippi State University in 2004 with a B.S. in Elementary Education. This year will be my seventeenth year in the classroom. Since I started teaching I have taught first grade for three years, second grade for four years and this will be my tenth year to teach kindergarten. I am thrilled to be able to teach kindergarten this year at Shadow Oaks. I have always loved working with children. It’s exciting to be apart of their lives, and rewarding to help them learn and grow each day!
7:10 Doors open / breakfast begins
7:45 Tardy Bell Rings / breakfast ends
8:00-8:30 Morning routine / get up and move
8:30-8:50 Heggerty (phonemic awareness)
8:50 -9:30 Fundations (phonics instruction)
9:30 - 10:00 CKLA (ELA skills/story time)
10:00 - 10:50 Math
10:50 - 11:25 LUNCH
11:40 - 12:30 Centers
12:30 - 1:20 Activity
1:20 - 1:50 Recess
1:50 - 2:00 Snack
2:00 - 2:30 Story time / review / pack up
2:30 Dismissal begins
A Day - Music (Ms. Hornsby)
B Day - Art (Ms. Rachel)
C Day - Technology Skills (Ms. Morris)
D Day - Library (Ms. Holland)
E Day - iReady (Ms. May)
F Day - P.E. (Ms. Washington) *please wear tennis shoes*
- Please check your child's folder daily.
- Please send water and a snack with your child each day.
- Please make sure your child has a change of clothes to keep at school in case of any accidents.
- I will contact you through School Status. It is a way you can get in touch with me as well.
- If your phone number changes please send a note in your child's folder or send me an email.
- I will always try my best to respond to you in a timely manner.
- Thank you all so much for everything you are doing. Your child is lucky to have you. Remember you are their FIRST and BEST teacher!!